The 2015-2016 Monarch School Parent Satisfaction Survey was mailed to families of 154 Monarch students (142 day school students and 12 preschool students). Monarch received 47 completed surveys or 31% of the total.
The results below are based on the 47 completed surveys. Please note: some parents opted not to answer certain questions and some opted to provide more than one answer (even if only one was requested), hence the reason the total number of responses per question may not equal 47.
Question 13: Families were asked to rate their children’s overall improvement this school year by indicating whether it was higher or lower than expected.
Out of 47 total responses, 96% (45 families) indicated “Significantly Higher” or “Higher” or "Met My Expectations."
Question 14: Families were asked to rate their level of satisfaction with the services received by their children during this academic year at Monarch School.
Out of 48 total responses, 98% (47 families) indicated “Excellent” or “Good.”
In an effort to gauge the effectiveness of communication between Monarch staff and its parents, families were asked to rate 8 statements:
- Question 5: Out of 47 total responses, 96% (45 families) indicated they “Agree” the staff acted in a professional manner.
- Question 6: Out of 47 total responses, 94% (44 families) indicated they “Agree” the staff helped them understand their child's needs.
- Question 7: Out of 47 total responses, 91% (43 families) indicated they “Agree” the staff explained the goals and objectives of their child’s program.
- Question 8: Out of 47 total responses, 100% (47 families) indicated they “Agree” the staff regularly communicated with them about their child’s performance and progress.
- Question 9: Out of 47 total responses, 100% (47 families) indicated they “Agree” they had an opportunity to share ideas, concerns and goals for their child.
- Question 10: Out of 47 total responses, 89% (42 families) indicated they “Agree” the team staffings effectively helped them understand their child’s program.
- Question 11: Out of 47 total responses, 96% (45 families) indicated they “Agree” their child enjoyed his/her experiences at Monarch School.
- Question 12: Out of 47 total responses, 94% (44 families) indicated they “Agree” their child benefited from his/her experiences at Monarch School.
"Our experiences this year exceeded our (incredibly hopeful and high) expectations. We had a wonderful, wonderful team, and they did so much to help our son with challenges."
"[My husband] and I can't thank Monarch staff enough for all you did for [our son] and our family. [He] loved his time at Monarch. We are very blessed he had this time with you all. Thank you!"
"Monarch is an excellent school with a superior staff. Someone has always been available with an idea to meet any challenges I face with [my son]."
"I thank all of the staff for going the extra mile - to vans, walks, out on trips, etc. The staff really helped us through ESY as well."
"[Our son] had many wonderful opportunities to go to different restaurants and places this year. Great opportunities for worksites and work opportunities outside and within MTEP. We are blessed to have [our son] at Monarch and MTEP."
"The team was great to give [our daughter] creative ways to monitor and adjust her own behaviors, and kept things extremely creative, hands-on, and gave her the time to process as she needed. We are very thankful that she has had this experience."
"With the help of Monarch staff, through the years, [my son] has blossomed into a nice young man. I look forward to this new school year."
"We have begun the transition process to adulthood. The staff has been very helpful providing us with information and resources to move forward."